How to Motivate Someone or Yourself to Quit Smoking
You may have heard vid thousand times: cigarette smoking can kill you. You may have seen that on television, where people showcase shrunken lungs, shriveled aortas, and dead smokers which look more like pavement than they do people. You may have been told that the body will break down due to the thousands of poisons in cigarette smoke.
You may have been told that you will grow weak and that you will not be able to exert oneself physically with your undesirable habits. And you may have been warned against the dangers of cancer, which can go hand in hand together with smoking. However, an individual cant seem to find the power, let alone the motivation, to quit. What do you do?
An advanced smoker, then you may wish to look at the following tips to have yourself to quit.
– Scare tactics dont usually work, but support can. Look for a buddy who is an ex-smoker and get that friend for just two things: first, ask for advice on what you should do so that you can quit your routine fast and successfully and second, ask for that person to become your mentor. They might guide you on the road to giving up smoking permanently.
– Confer with your doctor about different ways that you can use to quit smoking cigarettes. You may be asked to get nicotine patches, drink particular medications, or even proceed cold turkey, for the way frequently you smoke. You might also do well to ask your doctor about rehab centers that you can visit and that you can afford.
– Look for rewards which will help you push you to ultimately quit. You can arranged personal records: state, if you cut you to ultimately smoking only 3 cigarette sticks per day, then reward yourself through going out to watch a movie, or by dealing with yourself at a fancy restaurant. Look for approaches to do negative reinforcement as well: give a great deal of money to a charitable organization whoever cause you do not favor if you start rediscovering the reassurance of old habits.
However, if you want to motivate a pal to quit smoking, then you may want to use the following tips.
– Be encouraging, not really pushy. Tell your friend that you really appreciate anyone not smoking, and tell that buddy that you will be there for him or her while he or perhaps she is going through the pains of quitting smoking. Once more, scare tactics dont constantly work, so dont soar in your friends face and also preach about the dangers of smoking.
– Set a good example. Quitting smoking is just part and parcel of just living a good and decent lifestyle, so if you are smoking cigarettes yourself, you have no to motivate someone else to quit smoking. Live a good lifestyle by training, going to the gym, eating healthy, and sleeping early. Show your buddy that a good life-style can equal an excellent personality by being accommodating and kind. By doing this, you show, and not just tell your friend that theres a great life waiting for him or her when he or she quits smoking.
– When your friend commences smoking again, do not be confrontational. If its the first time in which its happened, talk to your good friend and encourage her or him to quit. If it occurs more than once, learn to ignore your friend as well as walk away, in effect showing him or her that you dont care for them unless they care for their own reasons first.